Client: First Port
Overseeing Surveyor: Harris Associates
Project: External Mansion Block Major Works
Site: Residential Mansion Block in Victoria, London
- The external refurbishment of a residential mansion block in Victoria with 7 entrances and an ornate central courtyard.
- Minimising disruption to the residents and reducing the time the scaffold was up.
- Erecting a scaffold over a very busy high street used by thousands of commuters en-route to Victoria Station.
- Liaison with ground level shops and minimising the disruption to their trade.
- Managing a site with a high level of residents and tight entrances in a safe way.
- Liaison with over 170 residents in order to have access to the windows for the repairs and redecoration.
WHY WAS IT A SUCCESS?
- The project was undertaken in a safe and methodical manner where it was key to liaise very carefully with the numerous residents and managing agents.
- At the end of the project the building was fully refurbished and the masonry repairs which we had carried out have significantly given the building a lift.
- We dealt with some niggling minor leak issues with the roof and also around some of the windows.
- We received a minimal snagging list from the clients of fire due to our pre-snag procedures in line with our red scheme quality assurance documents.
- There have been no reports of any windows sticking as we managed to eventually get access to all 170 residents and their windows.
- Trade to the neighboring shops on the ground level continued throughout the works.
WHAT WAS SAID
“A S Ramsay were open, honest and helpful throughout. Their site manager Andrew Groizard worked alongside us all the way to deliver a first rate project.”
Sean Heather MRICS